Thursday, September 11, 2014

I scream.

You scream! We all scream for ice-cream!


There's a new challenge over on the Hanna and Friends Challenge Blog
For this challenge, we want you to create something 'From the Kitchen'


Here in Texas, it is still hotter than hot. I refuse to turn on the oven and heat up the house so we tend to stick with the cooler side of cooking. It won't be long until we are busting out soups and stews but for now, it's still ice cold snacks. Hence, the ice-cream coming 'From my Kitchen'. :)


I used Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit to put this card together. Everything I used was included in this kit with the exception of the vellum, the embossing powder (Stampin' Up) and Stazon ink. This card measures 4.25 square so it still fits nicely in an A2 envelope and I can have a bit hanging off the side. 

I stamped my ice-cream cones out and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils. Then I added Glossy Accents to the ice-cream part and, once that was dry, I fussy cut them out. I used the background stamp included in the set to create the embossed pattern on my oval (Nestabilities) and backed it with vellum. 


On the inside, I used more of the ice-cream cones and put them together in a less structured way. 

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Fingers #47 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls #26 - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Crafting Desert Divas #39 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Super fun card! Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy and colorful. Love it! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    Your project is featured in our album on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this card! We're living on the surface of the sun too (just feels like it at 105 degrees)!! Thanks for joining us at the Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party :)

    Jenny - Craftin Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and colourful. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautifully bright and cheerful card. Icecream is always welcomed in my house at any time of day or year ;) Thank you so much for joining our September challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yammy =) and pretty

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Hugs DT Katya
    http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!